View Active ThreadsCreate an account on HarderFasterLogin to HarderFaster Information for Promoters Information for Advertisers Search HarderFaster About HarderFaster Link to this Page
[HarderFaster] - Work Hard, Play Harder!
Home | News | What's On | Annual Poll | Photos | Forums | DJs | Features | Music | Venues | Reviews | Links |

  Features
Mindbenderz talk ‘Lord of the Rings’ and fishing, as well as the creation of their new album ‘Celestial Gateway’!
Iono-Music artists One Function, Eliyahu, Invisible Reality and Dual Vision talk Robert Miles, kids, dogs and vinyl, while we chat about their current releases!
Luke&Flex talk influences, the Irish rave scene, why Flex wears a mask and Play Hard, their new EP out now on Onhcet Repbulik Xtreme!
Lyktum expands on his new album ‘Home’ – talking about his love of storytelling, creating new harmonies and the concept behind his musical works.
Pan talks getting caught short crossing the Sahara, acid eyeballs and tells us Trance is the Answer, plus shares his thoughts on his latest release 'Beyond the Horizon' - all from a beach in Spain!
Miss C chats about living with the KLF, DJing in a huge cat’s mouth, training her brain and the upcoming super-duper Superfreq Grande party at LDN East this Saturday, 16th September!
NEM3SI$ - I Live for the Night – talks superficiality, psychopaths, and bittersweet success, ahead of a plethora of evocative, emotional, and passionate upcoming melodic techno releases!
Psy-Sisters Spring Blast Off! We talk to DJ competition winner ROEN along with other super talents on the lineup!
Blasting towards summer festivals with Bahar Canca ahead of Psy-Sisters Spring Blast!
Shyisma talks parties, UFO's, and Shotokan Karate ahead of his upcoming album 'Particles' on Iono-Music!
SOME1 talks family, acid, stage fright and wolves - ahead of his upcoming album release ‘Voyager’ on Iono-Music in February 2023!
The Transmission Crew tell all and talk about their first London event on 24th February 2023!
NIXIRO talks body, mind and music production ahead of his release 'Planet Impulse' on Static Movement's label - Sol Music!
Turning the world into a fairy tale with Ivy Orth ahead of Tribal Village’s 10th Birthday Anniversary Presents: The World Lounge Project
The Psy-Sisters chat about music, achievements, aspirations and the 10-Year Anniversary Party - 18/12/22!
A decade of dance music with Daniel Lesden
Earth Needs a Rebirth! Discussions with Psy-Trance Artist Numayma
Taking a Journey Through Time with Domino
New Techno Rising Star DKLUB talks about his debut release White Rock on Onhcet Republik!
PAN expands on many things including his new album 'Hyperbolic Oxymoron' due for release on the 14th April 2022 on PsyWorld Records!
Psibindi talks all things music including her new collaborative EP 'Sentient Rays' on Aphid Records, her band Sentience Machine and 10 years of Psy-Sisters!
N-Kore talks Jean-Michel Jarre, unfinished tracks and fatherhood!
Celebrating International Women’s Day and Ten Years of Psy-Sisters with Amaluna
A Catch Up with John Phantasm ahead of his upcoming set at the Tribal Village 4 Day Outdoor Event in Kent 6-9 May 2022!
'The Maestro that is Tristan talks barn owls, Shazamming and keeping it Psychedelic ahead of his upcoming performance at the Tribal Village 4 Day Event in Kent 6-9 May 2022!
DJ talk with Psyrenzo ahead of his debut set at Tribal Village, the Steelyard this Friday 14th January 2022!
TENZO aka Overdrive talks freely about launching his new act which will be showcased at Tribal Village, Steelyard on 14 January 2022!
A long overdue catch up with JourneyOM ahead of his next Tribal Village party this Friday 14th January 2022 at the Steelyard, London!
Goa based party animal and artist extraordinaire Nirmal talks punk concerts, metal sculptures, flying and rippin' it up on a High Tide!
DJ Wired talks to us about the Rise of the Hope and parties, ahead of his upcoming set at Tribal Village on 14th January 2022!

Meet the Happiest Man in Hard Dance: Mr Rob Tissera

Reported by Frantic Amanda / Submitted 28-09-04 19:00

Rob is the only DJ to rock every major dance event this year from HHA and Frantic to SW4 and Wildchild. A character on and off the decks Mr Tissera has made a name for himself by playing nothing but the finest Hard House and Trance anthems with a great sideline in pumping House sets!

Rob has spent much of this year working on new tracks to rival his chart busting 'Stay' on Tidy and he promises loads of fresh from the studio tracks from himself and other key producers like Steve Hill, K90, BK when he plays Chemistry 2nd Birthday on October 9th.

1) Where are you and how's the weather?
>I'm at my house in Leeds and it's freeeezing outside!

2) How many years have you been a DJ and what would you be most likely to be doing if you weren't a Superstar DJ?
>15 years. I’d have loved to have been an actor or involved in tv I guess.

3) You are originally a Southerner, so why do you live in the North?
>I moved north in '89 during the acid house revolution and I have had some of the best times of my life up here so I’m likely to stick around for quite some time yet.

4) You Love Australia and New Zealand and they love U. Why the attraction
and what makes it so special to play in these two countries?
>Travelling to the other side of the planet to play records is such an exciting experience and the novelty will never wear off. Those two places in particular are easily my favourites alongside Japan which is also awesome! All three places are so breathtaking and the people I have played for have been very kind to me.

5) You have a close relationship with Goodgreef and are headlining their Birthday party at Nation in Liverpool and their massive Weekender in Southport. For the Southern audience can you give us a rundown of why it’s such a special club and some of the events they do?
>I personally think that Ben and Barry are two of the most forward thinking people in the business. They really understand their crowd and they are always looking for fresh ideas to make their night a unique experience. the response I get from playing to the GG crowd is like playing at a cup final. Both the birthday and the weekender are gonna be ridiculous!!

6) You are as famous for your tunes as you are for your DJing. How did your massive single 'Stay' come about and when's the follow up hitting the streets?
> I wrote the words with Ian Bland when we were making tunes under our QUAKE guise in 2000. Our label at the time weren't that into the song but I always felt that it was a bit of a winner. 4 years later I played the idea to Scott Vinylgroover and he loved it so we teamed up with Jin 'the redhead' Sullivan and the rest is history so they say. We have written the follow up and we are now
doing the final tweaks as we speak.

7) Is there one venue that you have played in the past that is now closed, you would love to bring back?
>UROPA in Leeds. When Sundissential was Sundissential - say no more!

8) What did you do on millennium NYE?
> I played for SLINKY and DE JA VU in Hull I think although my short term memory is a little shaky!!!

9) CDs or Vinyl or both?
> I use both which, for me is the best combo. Using the cdjs allows me to make re edits of every track on the old laptop in Cubase and then go straight out and play them. I still love vinyl but you have to move with the times.

10) What’s the best sound system you have played on this year and why?
>Probably the system at the last HHA. I also really like the system at The End. Always a bit of a fave!

11) A little birdie told me you used to do a lot of radio work. Is this something you would like to do again?
> I used to present on KISS and GALAXY for 2 years. I’d love to do more stuff of course but we'll have to wait and see whether it's a possibility.

12) You are one of the headliners at Chemistry's 2nd Birthday on Sat October 9th at the Coronet. What can we expect from your set?
> As usual I’ll be pulling out all the stops. I’m really looking forward to playing at Chemistry as it's been a while. I'll be going out of my way to find some new beasts to spin!

13) How come you played twice at the last gig at the Coronet?
> Lisa was feeling a bit under the weather so me and Ilogik went back on to cover. it was really funny because we were a bit wasted by that time and we just ended up playing the biggest records in our box which worked a TREAT!

14) What have been the 3 biggest Hard records for you in 2004?
>Prime Mover - evolution
> My own track - Stay
>Masmada - What r u afraid of??

15) Will MP3's hurt Hard House and Trance or help?
> Probably a bit of both. You can't fight the computer revolution so you really have to embrace it. track it down.net and the many other download sites will be a really healthy improvement on the unacceptable alternative which has been ruining the business for years.

16) K90 is launching his new album at the same Chemistry gig at the Coronet. What’s your fave K90 track of all time?
> I'm a really big fan of mark's style so there are a few. BREATHE is probably my fave - it never leaves my box. I’m hoping to collaborate with him sometime - I'll keep you posted!

17) You are a promoter of one of the fastest growing nights in the UK. What do you think makes a good promoter?
> Understanding your crowd and making sure you look after the smallest of details. we work our butts off at kissdafunk to make sure our club looks the business and we try to listen to what people have to say in order to make the whole thing run smoother.

18) Your night Kiss Da Funk takes place monthly in Leeds. Do you have any big plans for NYE for the club?
> Not this year. I have an awful lot of big gigs on NYE and I wouldn't like to run the night without being on site all evening. Maybe next year.

19) You love House and you live for Hard House and Trance. How do you manage to keep up with all 3 scenes and would you like to see other DJS branch out and play more than one style?
> I really do love all of them. It doesn't harm to enjoy more than one thing does
it? Some people HAVE to try to pigeon hole djs or producers but my philosophy is - if you’re good at it and you truly have a passion for it DO IT. If you are in it purely for money . . .DON'T BOTHER because it will show.

20) You have just mixed the new Hard Dance Anthems alongside JFK and Andy Whitby. Say one nice thing about Jason and Andy....
> Both are very talented and both have the same ethos as myself and that is that we play to the crowd instead of at them. What could be better than giving a crowd what they want??

21) Which DJs would you choose to headline your very own tent at a big summer festival and why?
> In my dream it'd be Morillo, Zabielia, Me, Lisa Lashes, Anne Savage, Andy Farley and Tony de Vit would be in there somewhere too.

22) I’m buying what are you drinking?
> Jack 'n' coke - the choice of champions!!

23) When you are not DJing what do you like to do to switch off?
> I'm a fond fan of adult dvd's if truth be told! I also still like to play pro evolution soccer on the 'ol playstation. some boys never grow up I guess!

24) Will 2005 be the year that Dance Music bounced back or will there be another year while we get our house in order?
> I still think that things will turn a corner and become better. Life’s what you make it. I’ll keep working hard and I’ll keep making music and hopefully people will still want to go out and dance.

25) Do you think that you could ever see Tidy, Polys, Goodgreef and Frantic get together to run their own festival and do you think it would be any good?
> It'd be fantastic. I sure wouldn't rule it out just yet.

26) You have been handpicked to play a special 3 hour set at Lashed at Heaven on November 5th. Why is this something we should get to Heaven early for?
> I'll be working really hard to find something extra special at Lashed. Hopefully it'll give me an opportunity to play across the board a little and finish on a real hard house high! He he!!

So in a nutshell Rob has seen and done it all over the last 15 years in dance music and still has a smile on his face. You can catch Rob at Chemistry's 2nd Birthday @ The Coronet on Oct 9th. For more info call: 07949 618 035

CHEMISTRY 2nd B'DAY & K90 Album Launch!
Send an eFlyer for this event to a friend Include this Event in a Private Message Direct link to this Event
On: Saturday 9th October 2004
At: The Coronet [map]

From: 21.00 - 06.00
Cost: £12.50 +bf EARLY BIRD TICKETS NOW ON SALE
Ticket Info: Limited Early Bird tickets now on sale £12.50 +bf
Buy Online: Click here to buy tickets
More: The clubbers choice is back with a bang as we take on the sensational Coronet once again!
With K90’s Album Launch, Hard House Anthems album launch and more super star DJs than you can shake a record at - this is how it’s supposed to be done!

For more info please contact www.franticuk.com or 07949 618035
Flyer:
Region: London
Music: Trance. Hard Trance. Bouncy House. Funky House. Hard House. Tribal House. Breaks.
DJ's: MAIN ROOM | CHEMISTRY l;aunch for INNER LIMITS

Rob Tissera
K90 (Live & DJ Set)
Andy Whitby
Paul Glazby b2b Ben Stevens
Nu Energy Collective LIVE
Organ Donors LIVE
Little Gem

ARENA 2 | The Harder they come...

Cally & Juice
Karim
Lee Haslam
Kevin Energy b2b Billy Daniel Bunter
Donna Birt b2b Lucy Fur
George-E b2b Dex
Tony P
Type 1

ARENA 3 | Funky House

Filthy Rich
Cheshire Catz
Steelo
Eduardo Herrera b2b Franky
Darz

Who's Going? (158) : *charlie*!, *cheeky chick*, *TWIRLY*, Adamstep, AdrenalineOverdrive, AJ, Allan Mcgrath, anders, Anthem fairy, anushka007, Archie, bacardiocollio, BANZAI, Barry Harding, bennett, bertiesmalls, Bi-Yanz, bobbyb, Bomber, Breezercat, Brother Adam, budha, Camden Nurse @ Freeze, Carine, carl, Cerberus, chillin_, Cyberworld, Daf, Danny Luu, Darz, DFJ, dj toasty, DJChewy, dori, Dory-EE, Double J, drag0n, Duracell Bunny, Eduardo, em83, Emilina, emmahardware, EssQue, Evil E, Farley, Fitty_Bag, FloDontStop, Franky, Frantic Amanda, frantic fan, Franticclubber, garfield21, gary gorgeous, ginge69, glen gavin, glitter_babe, gUrngUrl, guyster, Hard House Lady, harddancemonkey, Harry PT, Holly-Anna, HouseGuy, Hypnosis, IckleLisa, Jo and Mark N, Joeyxx, Julez, k-complex, kevball, Kiko, kimba_lee, kp, Leyton, Lisa Porter, little gem, London_bird, Lozz, Lucy Fur, madjojo, Maria, Marky Boy, MarkyMark, Matt, Matt Style, Meel, Miles Gorfy, mimi, Mina, Miss Meena, moggyy, monica, monkee980, Moysey, MrBIG, My little pinkie, Neil Farnham, Nesa, Nicky Hype, NicoleR, nige_n, Nixx, Nutz, paul jack, paul runamok, PaulMorgan, Prozak, Rach, RafieG, raving_pixie, Red5, Reece Elliot, Rodrigo, SamF, saTURN, Scoobydoo, See Why, sema, Sergio, SexLoveandMotion, sexyminx, signum8, snowqueen, solus, Sooze, steelo kuchiki, Steve Maynard, Steve Prince, t419kgo, taemas, Tangles, teknomage, tender, the_thunderbird, TheSynthesizer!, Tiger, Tina, tink, Tinker.Bell, tinkerbell@play, tobytripledrop, TOM49, TWISTEDBITCH, Type 1, Ugniukas, veronica, vics, VinDiesel, Violet, Wiggii, Will Carling, Will Frantic, x-ray, Zem, zipper, ~deleted5181, ~deleted5662
HF Photographer: Daf HF Reviewer:

Share this :: Facebook : Digg : Stumble Upon : Delicious
Follow HarderFaster :: Twitter
Other Features By Frantic Amanda:
seOne III birthday preview: interview with Marcus
The insignificant Others: Preview to UP^^ at the Ministry of Sound
The views and opinions expressed in this review are strictly those of the author only for which HarderFaster will not be held responsible or liable.
Comments:

From: carl nicholson on 29th Sep 2004 10:14.09
Adult DVDs!!! Funny as fuck!!! Laughs out loud:

From: JP and Jukesy on 29th Sep 2004 11:32.27
Nice interview and nice guy, obviously has excellant taste as i see a masmada track in his top 3 for 2004 Smile

From: Shaun on 29th Sep 2004 15:42.32
23) When you are not DJing what do you like to do to switch off?
> I'm a fond fan of adult dvd's if truth be told!

---Quality! Laughs out loud

From: Steve.C on 29th Sep 2004 16:45.04
22) I’m buying what are you drinking?
> Jack 'n' coke - the choice of champions!!

So very true!

From: Stevi D on 1st Oct 2004 10:16.29
Top DJ, and i love his work!

From: Maria on 3rd Oct 2004 20:26.42
4) You Love Australia and New Zealand and they love U. Why the attraction
and what makes it so special to play in these two countries?
>Travelling to the other side of the planet to play records is such an exciting experience and the novelty will never wear off. Those two places in particular are easily my favourites alongside Japan which is also awesome! All three places are so breathtaking and the people I have played for have been very kind to me.

----Looking forward to see your Big grin in Brazil!!!

AmandaMmmwwah! great interview babe!!!

From: Red5 on 5th Oct 2004 21:45.53
Top dj and has come out with some classic tunes. "Stay" is just a choice piece of work - the vocal and the lush synths are just superb Thumbs up

From: Sara J on 8th Oct 2004 11:08.35
Add your comments here !

From: Sara J on 8th Oct 2004 11:09.54
Wrong button, doh!
Rob is playing at Uni of Surrey on 16th oct. Its going to be totally sweet. Afterparty at mine- everyone welcome! I can't wait!

HarderFaster Jump
Bookmark and Share
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective companies. All other content is (c) 2001-2024 HarderFaster.

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Statement | Text Mode